Versatile and economical alternative to locomotives used for moving rail cars. A capstan winch was originally a vertical-axled machine developed for sailing ships, today we can supply both vertical and horizontal Capstan winches.
- Rope can leave the drum at any angle, enabling the operator to stand in the most suitable position.
- Able to accommodate a wide range of speed and capacities.
- Can be used in the vertical or horizontal configuration
- Minimal or low maintenance required.
- Direct drive design
- Supplied with standard TEFC flange mount electric motors, available in standard 3 phase voltages at 50Hz and 60Hz.
- Foot-operated controls available – to allow the operator the use of both hands on the rope.
- Can be supplied with hydraulic or air motors.
- Shunting yards
- Dock yards
- Factories and steel foundries