The Crab Winch has been part of a standard range of winches since the 1950’s and to this day, it is still being used in a multiple of industries. This robust designed winch comprises of open type, inline helical gears, large rope capacity and high gear ratios.
All motorised units are supplied with standard TEFC flange mount electric motors fitted with electromagnetic brakes at the rear, coupled to a simple direct drive primary reduction gearbox and with optional fail safe braking done via spring applied brake callipers, fixed to the side of the rope drum. These units are ideally suited for stage stinking and high lift applications.
- Standard voltages included 220v single phase or 380v / 525v 3-phase 50Hz or 60Hz.
- All winches are fully reversible, thus giving the operator complete control of the winch load in both directions at all times.
- All electric motors conform to NEMA, EEMAC or IEC specifications. Motors can be supplied as single or two speed.
Manually operated winches are controlled via two large ring handles mounted on each side of the winch. Braking is done via a heavy duty pawl and ratchet system assisted by a positive locking drum brake.
- Large rope capacity.
- Robust design
- Fail safe electromagnetic brakes on motorised units.
- Winches fully reversible.
- Electric motors confirm to NEMA, EEMAC or IEC specifications.
- Minimum friction loss through the use of ball bearings on all shafts.
- Direct floor mounting – No pedestal required.
- Winches can be supplied with electric, air or hydraulic motors.
- Safe working loads range from 1 ton to 15 tons